Thursday, January 06, 2005

When Composers Collide: Greetings from/to Blogworlds


When composers collide. Posted by Hello

I've always loved that picture. Two souls rich with enthusiasm from such radically different quarters. It's as if they happened to bump into each other during a stint on planet Earth.

A couple of blogging composers have mentioned me recently (and driven a fair bit of traffic my way) so I'm returning the favor:

John Shaw of Utopian Turtletop. I've enjoyed getting the tunesmith/songwriter perspective from this blog. He writes about a wide range of topics that pull my narrow focus outward (recent posts have mused upon theatre and poetry). We actually live in the same neck of the woods so I may run into him sometime. Other interesting parallels between us include parenting and making periodic trips toward Michigan to see family (actually, in-laws just over the Canadian border in my case).

Fred Himebaugh of The Fredosphere. "Choral music, the arts scene in Ann Arbor and Ypsilanti Michigan with a glass of N/A absinthe on the side." Fred is some kind of humor-to-ASCII conversion algorithm. His recent post about me cracked me up. As did his recent analysis of the choral music from Beneath the Planet of the Apes. It's good stuff.


No comments: